The MASi service serves to manage research data of scientific studies and projects of the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD) and partners (KIT, IÖR, RWTH, AWLM, TUDA) in a metadata-driven way. It was cooperatively developed by these partners in the DFG-funded MASi project and since 30.11.2018 it is operated by the Centre for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH) of TUD. Together with the Service Center Research Data of TUD the service is supervised, maintained and consulted about. Arbitrary research data can be ingested, managed and be found and accessed again via search functionality. Central aspects are
- metadata as the central information source in the data life cycle of community use cases,
- automatic extraction and validation of metadata,
- automatic processing of ingested data with examples being format conversions or thumbnail creation,
- focus on research data that is in active use contrary to archived data,
- publishing all MASi developments as Open Source to increase its re-use potential and sustainability and
- providing a best practice implementation guide to foster 1) KIT DM adoptions based on MASi experiences and 2) the integration of new communities into the MASi service.
On the right side, all community areas that are available to you can be accessed. The Open Access "Corpus Vitrearum Medii Aevi" use case is publicly available and simultaneously serves as MASi showcase demonstrator.